Performs accounting functions and preparation of reports and statistics detailing financial results. Assists in establishing and maintaining accounting practices to ensure accurate reliable data necessary for business operations. Assists the International Accounting Manager with interactions between the company, government and auditors providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
Assist the International Accounting Manager with accounting and finance/budget support of LifeVantage international markets. The position requires an experienced accountant with broad G/L, intercompany and international accounting experience. Position requires competency with accounting rules and reporting requirements, ability to be timely and accurate with work, comfort in maintaining the system of controls over accounting transactions, and ability to work with multiple entities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for completion of monthly close procedures, including proper application of US GAAP, preparing journal entries, variance analysis, and balance sheet account reconciliations for international entities
- Prepares appropriate intercompany reporting packages and ensure they are accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Maintains accounting records and general ledger for assigned International Markets
- Responsible for the reconciliation of intercompany accounts between the international subsidiaries and the corporate parent company
- Responsible for updating, maintaining, and monitoring internal controls in assigned markets including compliance with SOX controls
- Assists in coordination with local auditors for outside audits and statutory reporting
- Assists the International Accounting Manager with improving and streamlining accounting processes, procedures and controls
- Tracks and coordinates reconciliation of statutory GAAP to US GAAP adjustments
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analyses as needed
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting degree preferred
- Public Company experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a related position required
- Experience with multiple entities including intercompany accounting
- Experience with reporting tools
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors and company contacts
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Dynamics AX or other mid-market system is preferred
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform the above duties
- Able to work well under the pressure of meeting deadlines
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.